Today was the first day of Complexity Theory.
It has a very different feel to my first module. A different energy, which I'm sure is an emergent property of the smaller group.
Going over the history of philisophical thinking, I find myself relating to a post-modern paradigm. I can definitely relate to the feeling of imprisonment which the modern newtonian paradigm of thinking enforces. Especially in the last couple weeks of work where I feel I have been forced towards check boxes and other typical modern management structures.
Not that they are not valuable, and not that they don't yeild results...
But I still feel a kind of fudemental revulsion to it and this almost automatic desire to kick back and revolt. Sounds overly dramatic and probably because I am having fun using the vocabulary I learned today. But who knew I would find a little anarchist in myself.
But perhaps that is what Bauman (name?) was suggesting. Has the modernist system not created (by accident) a little anarchist in us all?
No comments:
Post a Comment